1. The reason I can't come is that I have to prepare for the coming exam.
A. for B. as C. because √ D. why
The reason why…，成人三级英语练习题-定语从句。 有时why可用that代替
2. She studied hard at school when she was young, contributes to hersuccess in her career.
A. that B. so that C. so √ D. which
Contributes to 为…。贡献（捐献）
3. An investigation was made into the accident, fifty people were killed.
A. where B. when √C. in which D. for that
4. I've got a bottle of beer,but I haven't got anything I can open it with.
√A. that B. what C. where D. which
5. All members are admitted to the auditorium.
A. have got tickets B. that had got the tickets
√C. that have got the tickets D. who have got the tickets
6. sound waves travel in the air in much the same way water waves spread on the water.
√A. as B. that C. where D. in which
the same …。as…。
7. Writers can accurately describe objects have never seen.
A. who B. if they √ C. they D. that
8. It wasn't such a good present he had promised me.
A. that √ B. as C. which D. what
Such n. …as…。
9. Perhaps the day will come people will be able to breath e cleanair in cities.
√A. when B. while C. as D. since
先行词为the day ；
10. To make up an objective test,the teacher writes a series of questions,has only on correct answer.
√A. each of which B. come of which C. which D. what
11. All is a continuous supply of the basic necessities of life.
A. what is needed √ B. that is needed
C. for our needs D. thing needed
12. Evidence came up specific speech sounds are recognized by babiesas young as six months old.
A. which B. what √ C. that D. when
Evidence 证据； specific 明显的；
13. The goals he had fought all his life no longer seemed important to him.
A. for that √ B. for which C. for what D. of them
14. Those were the soldiers to save the town.
√A. whose responsibility was B. in whom there was a responsibility
C. whose was the responsibility D. from whom the responsibility
15. The person you were talking to was an American.
A. who √ B. whom C. which D. as
16. Einstein was one of the greatest men ever lived.
A. who √ B. that C. whom D. he
17.Most of the electronic devise of this kind, manufactured or this purposes,are tightly packed.
A. which is √ B. as are C. what are D. they are
18. Scientists call Newton's idea gravitation reaches throughout the universe the law of universal gravitation.
A. when B. which √ C. that D. where
19. English words are not always spelt .
√A. the way they sound B. the way they to sound
C. the way they are sounding D. as they are sounding
20. Snowdonia is a seashore city you can enjoy yourselves much by visiting the local scenic spots.
A. why B. which √ C. where D. so
21. The time is not far away modem communications will becomewidespread in China's vast countryside.
√A. when B. before C. until D. as
22. A higher crime rate exists in cities a large percentage of unemployment.
A. where have √ B. that have C. which they have D. that having
23. The inflation made it hard for us to buy the necessities&n